Monday, September 29, 2008

The Return...

Good afternoon, world.

Today marks the return of something I hope to be doing regularly. I haven't blogged on a regular basis in well over two years.. and in two years, the landscape of the blogosphere [since the space now has it's own term] has changed in ways I could have never imagined. Just as all things technological have changed by leaps and bounds in my generation, blogging has skyrocketed into the mainstream as a way for people to express themselves. What used to be private, shared amongst a small community of users has become global. Everyone blogs. Everyone writes to be heard.

But it is precisely that which has brought me back to blogging. Whereas I used to write cathartically - just as an escape from my life, while giving a people insight into it - I forgot that blogs are all about opinions. Everyone has one. Everyone wants everyone else to know about theirs... mostly because, well, everyone thinks they're right.

I have opinions, too, you know. And I'll be damned if I'm going to hold them inside much longer.

So I don't know what to tell you to expect if your eyes come across this. I don't even know what I expect. I have some ideas, but nothing ever stays the same for long. All I can do is hope to entertain and enlighten. I'm going through a lot, so I have a lot to release. I'm curious to see who reads this, but I'm more curious to know just how into this I will be again. With all that said...

...I'm back.