Thursday, December 2, 2010

Standing in the Shower ... Thinking ...

Standing in the shower thinking
About what makes a man
An outlaw or a leader
I'm thinking about power...
The ways a man could use it
Or be destroyed by it
The water hits my neck
And I'm pissing on myself...
- Jane's Addiction

So it was brought to my attention just how long I've been away from this place. I suppose life intervened and my muse went flying. But as recently as yesterday, she may have returned. Thanks to the wonder that is the film Finding Forrester, I was reminded of just how much I enjoy writing ... how cathartic, expressive, useful, necessary it is in my life.

Plus it beats the hell out of waiting for a phone to wring/a new email to arrive/a blade of grass to grow/paint to dry, etc.

So maybe I'll be serious this time. Maybe I won't be distracted by the shiny things you see in this online world; maybe I will write. Who knows what, and who knows why, but damned if I don't at least try...

No comments: