Friday, January 9, 2009

More Human Than Human...

New goal:
I am going to write something every day, at least on paper. I have demons, some of which I've never met. I want to give them a chance to introduce themselves. There is no more "try," or longing "want." I will do. I started today. I'm eager to continue.

New inspiration:

Nikki Sixx, "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star"

I've been wanting this book for a while. I bought it today (it was previously only available in hardcover, but the paperback version dropped around Christmas). I started it tonight. I wrote as I read. If it hadn't gotten so cold outside, I'd still be reading. I might go out later and continue. Written by/from the diaries of Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx. I have a thing about getting into peoples' minds .. especially those with some sort of psychosis - natural or self-induced. Maybe because I have my own, and I want to see how others feel/cope/deal. Maybe.


Waxpoetics Magazine

Just grabbed issue #32 with Sly Stone on the cover. Inspirational in and of itself, but of a different sort. I'll be reading it soon.

My pen and notebook will be with me every day. I will do this. A chronicle.

Coming soon.

No comments: