Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bridging the Gap ...

The "special primary" to determine the 2 [out of 15] candidates for the position of "interim" interim mayor in the City of Detroit (essentially, the mayor who will take over for the current interim mayor - who's only been mayor since the end of '08 - and who will hold the post from the time of the "special general election" (May 5!!!) until the general election in November/end of term in December) went down today. Results aren't in yet. Even still, I think I'm gonna be sick. I swear this process comes straight from the horse's ass.

Pray for my city.

---Update---

And with that, Ken Cockrel, Jr. and Dave Bing (yeah, that Dave Bing) have won the primary and will face off in May. Who was my preference? Of the candidates, these two might be the best choices...and I'm not the only one to think so. The lesser of fifteen evils have prevailed.

Keep praying.

1 comment:

Half Full...but yet Half Empty... said...

voter turnout was tremendously low. and im not too upset about the two contenders. it was pointing in that direction anyway.

lol@ "interim" interim...